domingo, 21 de dezembro de 2014

Autumn


Winter solstice. The longest night of the year. Time to say goodbye to Autumn. 

Solstício de inverno. A noite mais longa do ano. Hora de dizer adeus para o outono.






 She was the fall. Literally, she was the spirit of the season. Everyone said that “the girl that walks through the forest” was a ghost and if you meet her, you would be cursed. I did not believe.
I always searched for something else. Something special, different, unique. A fantastic creature, a ghost, a lost city, a myth. Because of this, I traveled around the world. I investigated every single rumor or story, just to discover that they all were lies, and when I was almost giving up, I went to the forest and found her.
In the beginning, I thought it was just a girl lost in the mountain. I was able to hear the sound of crushing leaves when she moved, even without leaves on the ground. She did not avoid the trees, she just passed by them, distractedly running down the mountain. I never will forget our first meeting when she hit me. It was the best accident that has ever happened to me.
“It was not an accident. I did on purpose.” She argued every time.
And it was impossible to say no to her when she looked at me, with her multicolored hair, her woody scent and the way that she smiled with her intense green eyes. I was expecting to be happy when I found something, but I did not expect to be so happy. It was not just her uniqueness that enchanted me but rather it was because it was Autumn, and the incredible personality that she had.  
The time flowed different by her side. The days rapidly turned in weeks. The trees, as her hair, changed. Then the longest night came, and Autumn was gone. Forever. In the end, I noticed that they all were right, I met her and I was cursed. I fell in love.


 ***

 Ela era o outono. Literalmente, ela era o espirito da estação. Todo mundo dizia que ä garota que anda entre as árvores” era um fantasma e se você a encontrasse, você seria amaldiçoado. Eu não acreditei.
Eu sempre procurei alguma coisa a mais. Alguma coisa especial, diferente, única. Uma criatura fantástica, um fantasma, uma cidade perdida, uma lenda. Por conta disso eu viajei pelo mundo, eu investiguei cada boato ou história, apenas para descobrir que tudo era mentira, e quando eu estava quase desistindo eu fui para a floresta e a encontrei.
No começo eu achei que era apenas uma garota perdida na montanha. Eu conseguia ouvir o som de folhas secas sendo esmagadas quando ela se movia, mesmo sem ter folha alguma no chão. Ela não se esquivava das árvores, apenas passava por elas, enquanto corria distraída montanha abaixo. Eu nunca vou esquecer o nosso primeiro encontro quando ela se chocou contra mim. Foi o melhor acidente que aconteceu na minha vida.
– Não foi um acidente, eu fiz de proposito – argumentava ela toda vez.
E era impossível falar discordar quando ela me olhava com o seu cabelo multicolorido, o seu cheiro amadeirado e a maneira que ela sorria com os seus intensos olhos verdes. Eu estava esperando ficar feliz quando encontrasse alguma coisa, mas eu não esperava ficar tão feliz. Não era apenas o fato dela ser sobrenatural, era porque era Autumn, e ela tinha aquela incrível personalidade só dela.
O tempo passava diferente ao seu lado. Os dias rapidamente se transformaram em semanas. As árvores assim como o seu cabelo mudaram. A noite mais longa do ano chegou e Autumn se for. Para sempre. No fim, eu apenas percebi que todos estavam certos, eu havia encontrado ela e havia sido amaldiçoado. Eu me apaixonei por ela.



2 comentários: